4.26.2020

Passion to pursue something to achieve nothing...

I remember my love for cricket. The feel of hitting the ball with bat as hard I can, made me curious towards the game. The reaction of people seeing ball travel far when it hit the bat, had amazed me. When ball was not going far after the impact, people kept quiet. Looked funny and simple to me as audience but I got eager to try myself, whenever I get chance.

When I first got the opportunity to try my hands, I was able to hit the ball when the pace of the ball was slow but when the ball was delivered with fast pace, it was not possible for me to hit it. I was missing or sometimes edging the fast delivery bowled at me. My perception transformed that the game of cricket is not so simple as it looks. However, I enjoyed the process of hitting and missing some. It was fun.

Slowly, my interest developed towards the game and through various sources I became aware about the rules and it further fascinated me.

I felt joyous when I perform good while playing cricket. However, I failed badly many a times, but the small joy given by good performance here and there, kept me going, to pursue actually nothing.

Honestly, I just used to play the game because I was passionate about it. The feeling of ball hitting the meat of the bat used to give me extreme satisfaction. Slowly I developed some skills due to love I had for the game.

I just wanted to play cricket with my full focus and best spirit.

Years later, when I am not playing that frequently, I just want to relate to that feeling.

Ohhh! that’s happiness…

Just asking - when is the last time where you passionately pursued nothing?

Passion makes you forego unwanted and learn the needful to bring out the best version of yourself.

No comments: